Boy do I have a story for you...

So it's been few days since I posted because I was in the hospital. Yup that's right, never a dull moment in my life. Here's the fascinating story.

Got up tuesday to get ready for work. I started having this terrible pain in my stomach that radiated downward. I was also very hot and sweaty. I decided to go lay down on the bed for a moment to see if it passed. Well, it didn't. I kinda felt like I needed to throw so I asked Josh to help me to the bathroom. I was really dizzy by this point. So he helps me up and takes me to the bathroom and the next thing I know i am on the floor and josh was yelling at me. Apparently I had passed out. So my wonderful husband decided to call 911.

I was still having the pain but the severity of it came and went and the hot, sweatyness was only there when the pain was at its worse. The ambulance got there and took me to the hospital. The checked me into a room and an Rn talked to me. It took 2 hours for a dr to see me and the RN wouldn't give me any pain meds. It wasn't until I passed out again after using the bathroom that everyone started taking me seriously. The dr finally came in and wanted to do a u/s on the baby. Oh and they gave me some demerol. The did a vaginal us and by the time they were done the med had worn off and they wouldn't give me anymore because my blood pressure was way too low.

The ER doc had the ob on call come in and talk to us and said that it seems I had an ectopic. The had seen something on the right side of the uterus and they believed that I was bleeding heavily internally. Next thing I know they are talking surgery. There are 4 male Rns in the room trying to get blood and hooking me up to blood and a femal rn starting my cathetar. I was acutally more than happy to have the surgery because I knew then I would finally get the pain meds.
So they wheeled me off to surgery and the next thing I know I wake up in recovery in pain and shivering. I always shiver and shake when I wake up from anesthia. Josh and annie come back to see me and ask me if the dr had talked to me. He hadn't so they tell me all the gory details.
Apparently I did have an ectopic on the right tube and it had burst. They wanted to do the surgery laproscopicly but couldn't because I had 1.5 liters of blood and clots that needed to be removed. The tube had burst with just enough room next to the uterus so that they could just clamp it off and not have to do anything with the uterus. But I did lose my right tube. So I basically have a c-section incision except they didn't cut the uterus. There are about 15-17 staples.

Now I know you are all wondering about the baby and as far as we know Turkey is just fine. We have an appt with the RE tomorrw for a sono that will tell us for sure. But they did one after the surgery and everything seemed ok. This whole experience has been truly crazy and terrifying. If josh hadn't been running late to work who knows what could have happend. I could have died and turkey could have too. I am just so thankful that everyone is ok.
This pregnancy has been such a rollercoaster and I hope and pray once we get past the first trimester things will settle down a bit.

OH and by the way the statistic of having a uterine pg and an ectopic are about 1 in 30000!!!!!

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply