Will we ever be accepted?

I am still truly amazed at the naivety and insensitivity of people towards the infertile world. First, thanks Mel for alerting us all to the underlying plan!!! The Tyra Banks Show was doing an episode on infertility. When I first heard of this I was excited. We are trying to get infertility out there so maybe people won't look at us like we are crazy. So this was a great opportunity...or so I thought. This is a blurb from Tyra's website looking for guests for the show.

DO YOU KNOW A WOMAN OBSESSED WITH BECOMING PREGNANT?

Do you know a woman who is obsessed with becoming a mom? Have you seen and heard her struggle for years, felt her unvoiced jealously and seen her desperation first hand? Have you watched silently for too long as she gets her hopes up only to be disappointed and heartbroken when she can’t conceive? Has she tried extreme methods and spent a lot of money to get pregnant with no luck? Do you want to finally tell her she needs to stop the emotional and physical stress on her body and seriously consider adoption or a surrogate alternative? If you know a woman who is obsessed with becoming a mom and getting pregnant, then submit below.

What words can I use to express how I feel about this? None really. I try to keep this blog pretty clean and kid friendly, you know besides all the talk about the working of my insides!

This is how society view us, views me. I am crazy for trying and spending money and I just need someone to tell me to stop and just adopt. Because clearly adoption is soooo much easier...but I digress. I have talked about adoption in length on this blog so I won't go there now. Instead I will talk about how it is nobody elses freaking business how much money I spend or how many years it takes me to have a baby.

People that would sign up for this show are no friend to an infertile. This show does nothing to help educate people on infertility. All it does is demean those of us who have to work our butts off to make the dream of a family come true. I am just so disappointed that with all the tolerance we have for everything these days, there still seems to be no room in the for infertiles.

I have never been a fan of the Tyra show. But I do love America's Next Top Model. But I am ticked off enough and have enough conviction that I will not be watching that anymore.

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply