Blast from the past...

I am so a child of the 80's. I love everthing about that decade. The hair, makeup, music, movies, spandex, bright colored clothing, jelly bracelets, jelly shoes, wearing multiple colored socks, and on and on. Everytime we go home I spend way too many hours watching Best of the 80's on VH1. The ringtone for my phone is Girls just wanna have fun by Cindy Lauper. I just have so many great memories that have to do with the fun and weirdness of that decade.

Speaking of 80s music my abosolute favorite band was NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. I so loved Joey with his sparkling blue eyes. My bedroom was covered in posters and cut outs from all the teen magazines. I had all their tapes and videos. I would even record them if they were on a show. I remember recording SNL and the Macy's thanksgiving day parade because they performed. One year basically everything I got for christmas was NKOTB. I had a sleeping bag and the action figures. Oh, I just remembered one summer I got an awful sunburn that itched and itched, the only relief I found was when I watched the NKOTB videos!! (If you are a late 20 early 30 year old woman you are shaking your head in agreement as you remember your zealous love for all that was NKOTB!!!!)

My plan was to go to college at Harvard just so I could be in Boston and maybe run into Joey. I had dreams about he and I meeting and falling in love and getting married. But sadly they broke up and I grew up. My obsession ceased and me and joey went on with our seperate lives. I have read here and there that he has gotten married and recently had a child.

But today the NKOTB silence has been broken. On my google homepage I get updates from PEOPLE magazine and today I noticed one about NKOTB so I clicked over. It seems as though they are making a comeback. Now this could be good or bad, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. But I must say I have a little bit of 12 year old girl excitement going on!!
_____________________________________________________

Now for an adult topic!!! I saw the RE yesterday and started my meds. Follistim once daily and go back for blood draw on Sunday. I must say that I am extremely excited and hopeful about this cycle. I don't want to get too hopeful because then I will have further to fall if this doesn't work, but it's hard not to.

Oh, because I am crazy and like to have my heart broken I looked to see when my edd would be. November...oh how that would be the best birthday present ever.

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply