Time does heal all wounds...

Wednesday was the 6th anniversary of my first loss.  I knew when I got up that morning what the day was.  But I was quickly pulled into the reality of my life and busyness took over.  I watched Maverick that day and family came over for lunch.  So it was pretty much like any other day, which I am ok with.  No one except me remembered the day, and I am ok with that too.

 It's a day that I will always remember.  It's amazing to me how vividly I still remember it after all these years.  Every word spoken, every detail is etched into my mind.  Today is the anniversary of the day I had my D&C.  I will spend today studying for a history test and playing with my precious boy.  I'm sure that these days would be so much harder if I was still in the trenches...trying to make my dreams come true.  I know that the birth of Kai helped those wounds to finally heal, which is good.  I'm sure as years pass these days will come and go and it won't be until weeks later that I will remember, and that will be ok.  Just because I don't recognize the date doesn't mean that I have forgotten about my precious babies.  I think of them daily and long for the day we will meet again.  But life does go on and I have something to live for...and live I will!

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply