Diapers no more...

Kai pooped on the potty for the first time when he was 5 months old.  We had started watching for cues and when we saw them we would sit him on the potty and he would do his business.  This continued until we moved to Amarillo and I guess we got lazy or busy or something.

At 18 months I tried to start potty training him.  He would have none of it.  So we continued on with diapers, always reminding him that big boys went in the potty and he wanted to be a big boy like daddy and elmo!!  A friend gave me a copy of the 3 day potty training plan.  I had planned to use it in a few weeks, after we got home from vacation.

On Friday I wasn't watching Maverick, so it was just me and Kai.  He had pooped in his diaper and I told him  (like I always do) that he should poop in the potty and he would get some m&m's if he did.  Well he decided right then and there that he wanted to sit on the potty, so he did.  Then when he got off he decided he wanted to wear big boy underpants, so I put some on him.  Well ever since that moment he has been peeing and pooping in the potty!!!!  We only had 1 accident yesterday morning.  We went out last night and put a diaper on him and he told us when he needed to potty and his diaper stayed dry.  He even stayed dry during his nap and night time!!!

I am so stinking proud of him and so happy that HE decided he was ready.  It is just amazing to me how most everything has been easy with him.  I really don't take it for granted, I know the next one is likely to be completely different.

So, we are a diaper free home and the M&M's are flowing!!!

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply