soapbox...

I have written on here in the past about vaccines and my decision to not vaccinate my son.  I have found new resources that I wanted to share.  But first I want to say that I don't judge anyone for vaccinating their child.  My hope is that every parent would take the time to research and make the right decision for their family.  What I do judge is when parents just blindly trust their doctors and their government.  There is so much info out there, good and bad, about vaccines, just take the time inform yourself.

There recently was a big vaccine debate on circle of moms on FB.  Reading through the posts I realized that talking about vaccines is like talking about politics and religion.  No one really wants to hear what the other side has to say.  They just want to spout their opinions, factual or not, and then move on with their lives.  It saddens me to read some of the extrememly rude and ignorant comments from both sides.  The root issue is that everyone should focus on is doing what is best for their children.  We all have a right to our opinions.

I found this website ThinkTwice that has a lot of good information.  And the book Raising a Vaccine Free Child by Wendy Lydall.  So now go forth and be informed!!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply