My kid is awesome...

I'm sitting here with Kai watching Toy Story 3 (for the millionth time!).  He is just so cute and makes my life so full of love and joy. 

Potty training continues to go well.  We had a small setback when we went on vacation, but we got home and got back on track and things are good.  I'm so proud of how well he has done.

But the most awesome thing is that he is sleeping in his own bed, in his own room!!  Since he was born he has slept in our room and many times in our bed.  I never thought I would be a parent that co-slept, but I LOVED it.  There came a time though that Josh didn't love it and so we moved him to his own bed in our room.  This was perfect for me.  I loved having him close, being able to just look over and see him, cover him up if needed. 

I was NOT ready for him to move into his own room, not sure if I would have ever been!!!  So it's good that Kai decided it was time.  One afternoon he told me he wanted to take a nap in his room.  So I put him in there and he stayed for about 30 min before he came out.  I told Josh about it and he suggested we try to put him down in there at bedtime.  So we put him to bed and told him that I was going to sleep in there with him.  I did this for two nights and then he was in there all by himself.  He has done great.  I am truely amazed at how easy it has been for him.  He is such an amazing little boy.

It has been an adjustment for me to not have him there, easily accessible.  But I am ok with it.  I know he has to grow up and I have to losen my hold on him.

So on this mother's day I just want to say a huge thank you to my precious Kai for making me a mommy.  My life is so much more everything because he is here!

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply