Kai's story...

He is asleep for the moment so I'm gonna try to give you some details.


They broke my water at 9 and had the pitocin started by 9:30. It didn't take long for the contractions to get strong and hard and close together. At 11:30 the nurse checked me and I was a 5-6. Shortly after this I asked for some demerol. She had to call the dr and get the ok. It felt like that took forever. I got the demerol around 12:10. About 15 minutes later I was feeling the need to push. Another nurse checked and said I was complete and they called the dr. While we were waiting for the dr the whole room would yell at me everytime I tried to push. Dr. got there and I pushed for 30 minutes and Kai entered the world at 12:59 pm.


He weighed 9lbs 6oz and was 20.5" long.


He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can't believe that he is mine and I get to keep him. I feel like I have to pinch myself all the time to make sure this isn't a dream.


It was a long and hard road to get here, but it was so worth it. He truly is a miracle. And we are truly blessed to be his parents.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply