We are still alive...

Sorry I have sucked at posting...between the holidays and everyone in my house being sick, twice, life has been pretty chaotic.

Chirstmas was great.  It was wonderful seeing my brother and SIL and meeting my beautiful neice.  She is just precious.  Sadly, because of sickness I didn't get to hold her nearly enough. 

My 95 year old great grandmother is here.  It's great seeing her, but I see how much she has aged in the last year and it makes me sad to know she won't be here much longer.  Years ago we started doing a 4 generation of women picture.  Once Kai came along we added him to the pic and this year we added my brother and neice.  We also added my other brother because we are pretty sure grandma won't live long enough for him to have kids and we wanted him to be in the picture...it's very bittersweet.  I have never had anyone really close to me die, which I am extremely thankful for.  But I know that her days are coming to a close sooner than I would like.  It's something I think about too much and that just makes me so sad. 

Ok on to happier moments...Kai is doing great.  He was so funny at Christmas.  He actually got tired of opening presents.  By the 3rd time we had to open all of them for him.  He of course got way too much stuff.  I have been putting off cleaning and organizing his room but I really need to get it done before school starts next week.

I have been watching Maverick.  Meg went back to work this last week and we are splitting him between me and his grandma.  He is such a cutie and a really good baby too.  He had a bunch of tests done this week, so hopefully next week we will find out that he is cancer free!!!

That's about all.  I have a post in the making about my shortcomings and my desires for change in my life...it should be riveting!!!

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply