So ready for spring...

I am sooo ready for spring to be here.  I hate this in the 70's one day and in the 30's the next.  C'mon weather make up your mind already.

We have 24 different veggies and 6 different herbs growing on the back porch.  Some of them are ready to be transplanted, but we are gonna have to put them into pots until  it is warm enough to put them in the ground.  I am super excited about our garden.  I love being able to walk to the back yard and pick something and then cook it for dinner!!!  Plus it will be all organic and free!! Here is a pic of our cute little seedlings!!



Our house still hasn't sold, but Josh and I are dreamers so we are constantly thinking, talking about our future.  Josh has decided that he wants us to build a house, as in WE build the house!!  I am all for it.  I mean Josh is an architect and he is super duper handy, so I think we can do it.  Also, we have a cousin that is a plumber and a brother that is an electrician, I'm sure they would be happy to help (sarah, don't tell aubrey yet, I will have to sweeten the deal for him to come!!).  Josh has been researching and we can build for about $35 a square foot, which is awesome.  Also, we will get everything that we want in a house.  So I am busy reading magazines and cutting out pics of things I like.

We would also like to build this house on some land, we are in the process of looking for some.  We would like at least an acre but more would be better.  We would actually be happy with about 5.  I want it to be large enough to have the backyard with the pool, play area, nice yard and deck.  We also want to have plenty of room for a huge garden, and room for some chickens, cows (which we would have slaughtered to have organic beef) and maybe some horses for the kids. 

I am super excited about all of this.  It's funny how in my old age I am changing what I want in life.  I will just be happy to work the land and feed my family.  Also, for my kids to have place go play and run and I don't have to worry about them. 

Now for Kai news.  He of course is as cute as ever.  Thankfully he has started talking a little more.  I am soo over the pointing and "uhuh".  I have no idea what the kid wants and he usually just gets frustrated with me.  So he newest word is "yes"!!  He has been shaking his head "no" for a long time, so yes helps me to know what he wants...sometimes.  We have stated going to the library to check out books and for story time.

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply