Perspective...

I have been spending a LOT of time at the hospital this week.  I am so extrememly thankful that I have two wonderful grandmothers that are willing to watch Kai for me so I can be there for Megan.  I don't realize how being there all day is so exhausting until I get home and crash.  It's like I have to be on all the time so I can do whatever it is that she needs me to do. 

This whole thing with Megan's sister dying and now Maverick being so sick has really given me some perspective.  All the "important" stuff and all the stuff I worry about really isn't that big of a deal.  Life is just so short and so fragile. 

I sent meg a message telling her that no one else besides God can help her through this time.  And it is true and something I need to keep reminding myself about.  I can't tell her that Maverick is going to be ok because I truly don't know the answer to that question...no on does.  But I can tell her that God is there and that He loves her unconditionally and more than she will ever know.  And that when she weeps he catches her tears and He weeps with her.  That He knows what it is like for her to see her son suffer.  That He understands the pain in her heart.  That He has His arms wrapped around her as tight as He can.  That He is the only constant thing in this world and truly the only thing that she can count on.

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply