Ok so it's December and boy does it feel like it. It is 17 degrees outside, WOW. That is unheard of in this part of TX. I am originally from the panhandle (what a nice word to use to describe a part of a state, I wonder what's cooking in the pan??). Anyway, we get snow in Amarillo in the winter. But Dallas usually gets one ice storm and that's it. It is so funny when it gets cold down here. The news stations go crazy. They make their poor news people stand outside in the freezing cold and take a ruler to measure the 1/4" of snow on the ground!! They also come up with wonderful names for their coverage of the storm. Fox was calling it the "ARTIC BLAST". Ok come on, I mean it was 24 hours of some sleet and cold temperatures. Doesn't seem like an artic blast to me. Maybe we need to make some rules for what an artic blast actually entails.
And then there is driving in the snow and on the ice. People down here are crazy drivers when it rains. There are wrecks everywhere and the news is telling people to take it easy because the roads are slick. It's water!!! So you have two extremes of people that drive in these conditions. The first one we will call BUBBA. Bubba ain't scared of nothing. He is either in his too big for the road truck or is old camaro. He drives like a mad man, going 80 mph wherever he goes and always ends up smashed into something. And sadly enough he doesn't learn his lesson because next time he will be out doing the same thing. Next you have SLOW POKE. They go 10 mph everywhere they go. And when they are 200 yards from the intersection they start to tapping their brakes. I think there should be driving tests in the snow and they should teach everyone what safe is. You would think that the insurance companies would want to do something like that.
But alas, the cold won't last for long it will be in the high 40's by tomorrow. So I will just have to keep dreaming of that white Christmas.
Categories
- 5th pregnancy
- kai
- grief
- Infertility
- josh
- IUI cycle 1
- 3rd m/c
- trusting God
- stuff
- testing
- 3rd pregnancy
- adoption
- m/c
- work
- Church
- Clomid cycle #1
- Miles
- PAIL
- babies
- book club
- causes
- chip
- donna
- fragileX
- if awareness
- job stuff
- life
- loss
- moving
- october 15
- october baby
- passat
- random
- random pics
- samuel
- september baby
- stillbirth
- three years
- trying again
- ttc
- vaccines
- 1st miscarriage
- 2nd job
- 4th miscarriage
- 5th mc
- B
- Becki
- God
- Infertilty
- MEND
- NKOTB
- acronyms
- amarillo
- another baby
- baby boy
- beth
- blogoversary
- blogtavisim
- business of being born
- chd
- childless
- christmas
- clomid cycle #7
- comments
- crafts
- cycle news
- diet
- dougie
- ectopic
- empathy
- family
- friends
- future house
- garden
- genetic testing
- giveaway
- goals
- govt stupidity
- homeopathy
- journey to mother hood
- layout
- marriage
- mothers
- movies
- my bday
- my dad
- november baby
- personality test
- pregnancy
- san franciso
- seamonsters
- soapbox
- stirrup queen
- support
- support group
- tattoo
- thoughts
- vacation
- walk to remember
- weightloss
- youth
Popular Posts
- Spring break was a few weeks ago. We went down to the metroplex and had a great time. We got to see my dad and visit lots of friends. The...
- I finally did it...took Kai to get his FIRST haircut. I really didn't want to but his hair was just getting too long and even though I w...
- This family is from Amarillo, where we live. Their 17 year old daughter ran away the day after Christmas. She is headed toward Arizona or ...
- If you have ever been to the Texas State Fair, you know it is ginormous...it takes at least 2 days to walk the whole thing and see all there...
- It's been a long time since I posted about the adorableness that is Kai. So here's some things he does or says and one of my all ti...
- So as I'm sure you noticed I already failed at this bloggin everyday thing. I have an excuse. Josh's family hates to PLAN anything...
- No I am not dead, I am alive and well. I have probably lost every reader I once had, but oh well. The apartment we were living in had free...
- Dear Kai Bear, Today my adorable little miracle turns 3. It is so hard to believe that you are already three. Where have the last 36 month...
- Things are going well with Turkey. We are praying he decides to turn in the next 10wks or so. We are leaving friday for our shower in Amar...
- The weatherman predicted freezing rain and snow. I was all excited about maybe not having to go to work today. Well, no such luck. Woke up t...